Friday, January 5, 2007

Random Thoughts on a Friday

I know this sounds like I am accepting an Oscar or something, but I am deeply humbled and appreciative of the emails I have received thus far. It is hard to imagine that are so many warm, good-hearted people out there who are receptive to me and want to get to know me a little bit better. (OK- enough with the kissing-a** bit)

In that vain, I have, off-the-cuff, compiled this list of random-isms about me. (I still can’t believe people are actually going to read this, which I guess is why I am being so open.)

1) My grandparents mean the world to me
2) I have a soft spot for underdogs
3) I write a thank-you card to everyone who gives me anything and do it in a timely manner
4) I sometimes have trouble “filtering”…meaning, I will say what’s on my mind when it’s on my mind…even if they have nothing to do with each other (kind of like this list)
5) I feel more comfortable hanging with guys than I do with girls
6) I find it difficult to sit through a long movie in a movie theater but have no problem lying on my couch all day
7) I want a Wheaten Terrier or Labradoodle, but not sure if I should
8) I could eat baba ganoush and guacamole everyday; Most of the time I just want the condiment rather than the food
9) I am slightly jaded when it comes to guys for no good reason, but a true believer in “the one,” which I find to be paradoxical
10) I always mean well…I would never want to purposefully hurt anyone even if they deserve it
11) I volunteer with the elderly, drafting wills, health-care proxies and other legal documents
12) I have a ton of friends, but only a handful that I trust
13) I will not think twice about spending money on a gift or a pair of shoes, but relish saving 50 cents at the drugstore
14) I feel more confused about what I feel passionate about career-wise than I did 5 years ago;
I feel much less confused about what I want in a man than I did 5 years ago
15) I am extremely sensitive to others feelings, sometimes to a fault
16) I have recently discovered that the Midwest breeds some good-looking men
17) I can’t swallow pills…I need to chew up food, stick the pill in the food and swallow the clump together. (I know, I know… this ends up being larger than the pill itself.)
18) There are times I do not go out at night because I would rather wake-up early and get in a good long run
19) Music effects me; I mean, it can literally change my mood
20) I never quite understood whether to use affect or effect when stating something as I did just above
21) I love NYC, consider myself a city-girl and don’t see myself leaving. But as long as I’ve felt that way, I’ve always had this nonsensical vision of myself falling in love and moving to a farm…I know, random, huh????

Until the next time…..Be Well.