Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Playlistism: Discrimination based on the music on someone's computer or iPod playlist

I had six easy and satisfying runs last week; Three, 6-7 milers; Two, 8-9 milers; and One 12-13 miler. And (yes, you are allowed to start a sentence with “And”) I owe it all to the tunes on my current playlist [as well as Starbux (which is liquid crack) and some superior new cool-weather running wear].

This wide-ranging and eclectic mix consists of the following, which when you think about it, is kind of is analogous of how all over the place I am at times…
1) Black Parade- My Chemical Romance
2) The Kill- 30 Seconds to Mars
3) Me & U- Cassie
4) She Wants to Move- N.E.R.D.
5) Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
6) The Way I Live- Baby Boy Da Prince
7) King Without a Crown- Matisyahu
8) Back that Thing Up- Juvenile
9) Juicebox- The Strokes
10) Regulate- Warren G & Nate Dogg
11) The Mixed Tape- Jack’s Mannequin
12) Boston- Augustana

Obviously, I have about 80 more songs on the list but you get the drift…..
Stay warm out there.